Monday, December 4, 2006

Off-Topic Post

Please forgive me, but I’m in a self-indulgent mood today. I have this old lamp I bought while in college in my office, near some figurines that have been given to me over the years. Looking at this corner of my desk this morning, I realized it’s a perfect metaphor for how I felt during my relationship with Johanna. I was just a tiny little logical Dr. Spock.


Well, that got me to thinking about Jenny, and what image might summarize our relationship. I think this is it:

Dupree as played by Dave, of course.

God, that guy would never leave us alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're logical and i'm an out of focus dusty old lamp you got from alex?

jenny's kate hudson and i'm a chinky piece of cheap orientalism?

i'm watching you, wolff....

yearbook signing party said...

Johanna is a lamp that looks like Bjork?

E is Matt Dillon?

You'd think Johanna is more like Bjork than E is Matt Dillon unless you really know Ethan behind closed doors.

We know the real E is a darker, brooding type much like a young Matt Dillon as "Dallas" in the Judy Blume classic "The Outsiders" (or was that "Blubber").

Anyway, beware of Ethan's Dillondoppleganger which is much closer to Matt Dillon in the movie "Crash" (with notable performances by Ben Stiller and Don Cheadle).

As for Dave being Dupree, that's just too easy. Funny though you do see a progression from Dave being a balding Vince Vaughn in Swingers to a now older Dupree (without hair).

Help me out here. What future movie character will mimic Dave down the road? My bet is something like Ted Danson(with less hair)as Sam Malone re-uniting with the old bar crowd and settling down with that quirky, intellectualized blonde, what's her name??? Dana, Diane???