Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Random run-ins might be my favorite aspect of city living. Yesterday I had two. First thing in the morning I saw G.'s twin on the subway platform where I usually see G. himself. And in the afternoon, out for a lunchtime stroll in the sun, who should be making his way up Orchard but Paul-David, who I haven't seen for months. He said he'd been away a bit, and was a little vague about it, told me he'd changed apartments and has a new roomie. He's waiting tables again, invited Skramly and I down for drinks some night. And Dave's back, too, all rested up and looking as fit as a convict.

Somehow there's a comfort in seeing things in their proper places, particularly in May, with the high season poised to unfold.

1 comment:

skramly said...

Mercury heading out of retrograde already?