Wednesday, June 10, 2009

my tax dollar at work

When Tommy moved in mid-March, we needed to figure out the hours that Orchard Street is closed to cars on Sundays. Simple enough. I called 311. They were clueless. I went on the DOT website and requested the info. Then I walked downstairs, looked at the sign, and noted the hours (8am to 6pm, if memory serves). It is now ninety days later, and I have, at last, my response from the city:

The Office of Construction Mitigation and Coordination (OCMC)-Streets has researched your inquiry and has found that there are some planned street fairs scheduled on Sundays, September 13th and October 18, 2009. The closures are on Orchard Street between Broome Street and Grand Street.

Ninety days for a response which doesn't answer my simple question.

This and the post office, I fear, are what will turn me Republican in my dotage.

1 comment:

skramly said...

What's a 'post office?'