Friday, January 7, 2011

google streetview is the matrix

I am crazy busy right now, so naturally I have developed an addictive means of procrastination. Google Streetview. It's not like I didn't know this was here -- I've used it to track down specific addresses. But I've never treated it as a flâneur, heading out to random spots around the globe and wandering, drawn endlessly on by what's ahead at the next corner. Streetview is like that fantasy of the world stopping, and you being the only sentient being, free to poke around everywhere and everything without interference. When deadlines have passed, Streetview, I will be back for you.

(And as everything in life, any idea you have has probably already been done one better.)

2 comments:

Redshirt said...

There are many blogs dedicated to sharing cool locations. It never ends. I'll try and find some links for when you're off deadline.

skramly said...

I'm so happy you're using your time well.